K-PLAYLIST: OCTOBER 2020 (Korean indie recommendations!)

, , No Comments

Woah there, I can't believe that it has been so long since I last dropped a playlist for this blog. During my inactivity here on Lucid Dreamer, I was able to listen to a ton of great music. I've always thought about sharing those here, but I couldn't seem to make my fingers type. So, I am sorry if it took more than a year to upload another post.

My music taste has been leaning towards Korean R&B, lofi hip-hop and chill music these past few months. Of course, I still love listening to sappy songs because that's literally what I live for. But, in this playlist I am sharing with you a lot of best Korean indie music recommendations! I've had this on a Spotify playlist for several months already, and now I get a chance to share them with y'all. These songs and their artists deserve recognition.

1. Slow by Sole


I recently discovered this song as I was scrolling on Youtube and instantly became a favorite. Slow is about encouraging one's self to not rush into things and take it slow. Korean singer Sole wrote this when she started living independently, conveying her thoughts about living alone.

Sole is a South Korean singer and songwriter under Amoeba Culture. She is a former member of a five-member group LiveHigh and debuted as a solo artist back in November 2017. Sole considers Slow as her favorite song.

Listen to Slow here.


2. For lovers who hesitate by Jannabi


I've had this in my playlist for quite some time and I'm not planning on removing it any time soon. Jannabi's For Lovers Who Hesitate is such a classic. It has this old school vibe, something you would hear over a midnight radio segment. It makes you feel nostalgic over an ex-lover (even when you don't have one). For Lovers Who Hesitate is a perfect song to listen at midnight when you want to ponder over things. 

Jannabi is a popular 3-member indie rock band that debuted in 2014. They had four members up until 2019 but unfortunately, their keyboardist left due to personal reasons. 

Listen to For lovers who hesitate here.


3. When It Snows by 1415


Another song that I've been listening to non-stop is When It Snows. I love every bit about this song. The way that the drums and electric guitar accompanied their vocals sounded so desperate and longing which is exactly what the song wanted to express. When It Snows is a song that made me fall in love at first listen. Though I did not immediately know what the lyrics were, the song itself was expressive enough to make me feel what it meant.

1415 is a male duo that debuted last 2017 and is now under the label Universal Music Korea. They released When It Snows through their album, From: X.

Listen to When It Snows here


4. Contrail by Moonmoon


(Side note: I actually recommended the same song for my June 2017 K-Playlist)

Contrail was such a gentle song and it made me feel at ease when I heard it for the first time. I still listen to the song when I feel like everything around me is moving too fast. Interestingly, the message of the song is something close to what I feel. Contrail is a song that the singer wrote when he was torn between dream and reality. The lyrics talked about "the hard and boring life of being an adult" that we soon have to face versus our innocent dreams as a child. He felt like a lot of young people will relate to Contrail because of this commonality.

Moonmoon is the very first K-indie singer that I supported and loved. I started listening to his songs last 2017, when BTS' Jungkook played Contrail in one of his live streams. I immediately fell in love with his music. It felt like a safe space, my own little sanctuary. I am very happy that he's gaining popularity these days, seeing that a lot of my friends and acquaintances have been listening to his songs as well. There's a little guilt in my heart though whenever I feel like I wanted Moonmoon's music to be my little secret. In my next music-related post, I'd love to introduce his music more to everyone reading this.

Listen to Contrail here.


5. Photograph by offonoff


Unlike the previous songs, Photograph is more of an upbeat Korean R&B song. Simply put, Photograph talks about slowing down and savoring the moment. What I always liked about this song is the instrumentals that linger in my ears even after the song has ended. The flow and beat makes it a perfect song for city night drives. I can also imagine playing this at a rooftop overlooking the city's skyline at night while drinking soju or wine. Photograph is a feel good song and it definitely puts me in a great mood.

OFFONOFF is a duo that debuted under YG Entertainment's sub-label HIGHGRND. Before debut, they release music through the popular platform, SoundCloud. OFFONOFF describes their music as "visual music'. You can easily grasp a visual imagery in mind if you listen clearly to their songs' lyrics.

Listen to Photograph here.


Thanks for reading until the end. This playlist is shorter than my previous ones, but I will make sure to deliver more in the future. If you liked this post, make sure to share it among your friends!

Support my blog through small donations via paypal.me/zeecruz . A little help can go a long way!

Youtube | Instagram | Ko-fi | Spotify

0 comments:

Post a Comment