finding small joys in ordinary moments.

, , No Comments



The global pandemic has indeed taken a lot from us- time that we could've spent to bond with friends and family, money to pay our monthly expenses, and quite frankly, that little fiber left of our sanity. More than anything, COVID-19 took a huge toll on our mental health. It made us scared and agitated like we're always walking on thin ice. And honestly speaking, we are. Because unfortunately, this pandemic doesn't seem like it's ending soon. It is despairing that humans are simply learning to live with it, slowly adjusting to a world where our health is always at risk and lives can be taken by this invisible monster any second.


Though faced with uncertainties, there are small, genuine joys that we can only discover amidst this tough time. In this blog post, I want you to observe your surroundings, the people around you, and yourself. What makes your heart flutter simply at the sight of it? Who makes you smile? When do you feel alive? And which of these things did you take time to notice when the world was too busy to revolve around the littlest things?


  • Waking up with the sunlight's reflection on the wall makes my mornings warm. The bright sun is a sign and hopes that there will be better days ahead. 
  • My first cup of water in the morning makes me fully awake. The crisp and clean taste of warm water is so refreshing, especially if you drink the entire cup! 
  • Spending more time with my cats has undeniably made me happier. They give such genuine love that you need to work hard for. Dog persons might hate this, but I love the challenge, it makes everything worth it. 
  • Picking up on things that I had to set aside because of school (which can be work for you) makes me feel productive (e.g. learning a new language). It keeps my mind busy, takes my mind off of unnecessary thoughts and I also learn a lot! Self-improvement is something that we should work on in this pandemic.
  • The smell of newly-washed clothes. They stay longer because I do not have to wear them outside. The scent of the fabric softener is so delicate, it reminds me of a cool summer breeze.
  • Staying in bed no matter how long I want to. I know this does not apply to everyone, but because I am currently working as a freelance writer, I have my time on my hands. I can enjoy the company of my soft bed sheets and blankets without feeling guilty.
  • Home-cooked food. Most of the time, I prefer eating outside when I am heading out. I did not have the luxury of time to wait for the food to cook (or maybe I'm just super late to wherever I am going to). Now, I enjoy every dish that my dad or mom cooks. It's comforting.

When everything was moving too fast, I took all of these things for granted. And maybe, you did as well. It felt as if these will always be with me even if I don't pay enough attention. I realized it won't. Each passing moment, though similar, will always be a different experience.


Yes, this unfortunate series of events happening in 2020 will never be better by simply learning to find these small joys in our ordinary moments, but YOU will. 




Thank you for choosing to read my blog post! If you enjoyed this,

you might also find my videos interesting. Check out my Youtube

channel love, zee. Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment